Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Thousand Splendid Suns

I love stories about women, especially the fictional ones who live in worlds based on fact. They pull me in, I can't help it. This is one of those stories that pulled me in. When browsing Barnes & Noble last week I had no idea what book I wanted and was just looking for a cover that caught my eye, reading the back and setting them back down.

Until I saw this one.

And I remembered I liked The Kite Runner...the book didn't have a description, just editor revies all of them good.


So I finished Khaled Hosseini's second book A Thousand Splendid Suns about a week ago and absolutely loved it! If you liked The Kite Runner, you will love this. I like this one even better.


A Thousand Splendid Suns follows the life of 2 Afghan women living seperate and then very connected lives. For the same reasons I liked The Kite Runner, I loved this. It gave light to a lifestyle from a part of the world that I don't know a lot about.


Even better is that it's told from the perspective of women, which I am always more interested in. Awesome job considering it's done by a male author. It's touching, sad, suspenseful, full of love and violence. I suggest it if you like stories told by women, about people's lives and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment