Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Herb Garden and Antique Extravaganza

My mom bought me way too many housewarming gifts. (love you mom!) Some of which are pictured here. She knows how much I love plants and didn't have any herbs yet so she helped me pick out some of my favorites and the ones I'll use most.


This awesome metal tags are a gift from my mom and grandma.


The final lineup from left to right: cilantro, thyme, greek oregano and basil. In another place I have planted rosemary, chamomile, mint and lemon balm.
These fragrant herbs are right by our back door by the office and really close to our outdoor seating area. I'm looking forward to these getting larger and filling the air with their smells.





I planted our herbs yesterday morning while it was still cool. Andrew decided he wanted to check out the local Antique and Flea Market Extravaganza. I'm not joking, that's what it was called. It was at our county fairgrounds so we headed over.

It was just about 11 and was very busy, we were expecting a few rows of things but oh my. We were more than a little surprised. Row after row of household items, antiques, collectables and the more typical flea market finds.



We found a few things that piqued our interest but nothing we were 100% in love with. And we can be picky about the things we buy. In the second to last booth we found these two pieces of art. Love!


From what I can tell this is a watercolor and pencil combination. Through the frame it's definitely yellowed watercolor paper. Which makes me think it's a few years old. The white frame is in rough shape and I'm undecided on whether I'll fix it or leave it.





And this wonderful beauty. I'm not sure if you can see the price, but $20 is all we paid for it.








It was a wonderful Saturday. We came home sunburned and with two new pieces of art. If we ever have to PCS again (non-military: permanent change of station) the movers are going to think I am crazy. The last guys made fun of my book and shoe collection! What are they going to think of our expanding art collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment