Weekend may not be the best term to describe the times Andrew has off from work. He now works 12 hour shifts several days in a row and then has 2-3 days off. This past week, he did actually have the entire weekend off plus Thursday and Friday to make up for a holiday that he's working.
It's definitely different from his 7:00-4:30 Monday through Friday he worked in Ohio. It is nice having blocks of time off at varying parts of the month. Since, sometimes camping and visiting parks are best done on weekdays if you want to avoid a crowd. : )
We definitely took advantage of Andrew's four-day weekend. We toyed with the idea of going a little bit farther out and camping in a national park...but it was too last minute and decided to stick around the local area.
Pictures from top to bottom, left to right.
1. Craters of the Moon National Monument (to be blogged about later)
2. Same place, see the lava rock?
3. Sunsets over Mountain Home, ID. The view of the mountains where we live.
4. The Snake River in Boise National Forest. We live very close to National Forest land, and more often than not we find ourselves driving into the mountains. Around every corner is something breathtaking.
5. Sawtooth National Forest; one of our fishing stops. We both bought day liscenses and decided to go fishing Saturday. Neither of us caught any fish, but man was the scenery amazing.
6. Same area different spot.
7. Lightfoot Hot Springs, Sawtooth National Forest. This small hot spring was right next to the road, and very hot. We were too busy fishing but it would have been a nice quiet spot to dip your toes in.
8. Lily Marsh Trail, Ponderosa State Park in McCall, ID. Spent Sunday hiking around this beautiful state park.
9. Sawtooth NF, out of order : ) Another spot on the river.
We had an excellent weekend, full of scenic views and new adventures. Of course, I have more pictures that I'll be putting up later.
Have a great Monday!