Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Wallowa Lake Tram

Last weekend we were in need of adventure. Like we so often are. I wanted mountains and Andrew came up with Wallowa Lake in Oregon. There just happens to be a tram going up the mountain, which is what Andrew really wanted to do...
I don't like heights. At all. More accurately, I'm afraid of falling. But I knew how much Andrew wanted to get in the little box(death trap) and float up the mountain. So we did.
 
You might not be able to read the sign, but there were 25 towers the tallest being 74 ft. And more than a mile to the top.


 
On the way up I managed to take one brave picture before the car lurched and I spent the next several minutes trying to breathe with my head down on my knees.

FINALLY! We got to the top, my legs felt like jello. But, man! The scenery was beautiful. 8100 feet in the air with snowy mountains all around us. 



 
And adorable, overly friendly squirrels running around. 


The tram is kind of pricey, but honestly it was worth it. The way down, I sat facing away from the mountain and I did a lot better. Maybe because I knew I was done with the tram. There are a lot of hikes in the area, and a few miles of trails up top. We will definitely be going back to this area again to do more hiking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment