Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Scioto Trail, This Fire Tower is Too High

Due to the overwhelming inability for Andrew and me to stay at home and do nothing, we went for a drive last Saturday. Ok, to give ourselves credit, the previous weekend, which was the last weekend of 2011, we did sit at home and do nothing. I read my books, Andrew played a video game. We had a nice, quiet relaxing weekend.
Of course, we didn't want to be repetitive. 
 After spending an hour or so at our favorite antique store(and eating lunch there) we headed off on a road we'd never been on. We ended up in Scioto Trail National Forest. We didn't do any hiking, just drove through the gravel, winding and hilly roads.
Until we saw a fire tower.
 Well, I'd never climbed a fire tower before and we decided to head up.
Halfway up, I remembered I don't like heights. Ohmygoodness, I don't like heights.
Especially, when there's nothing protecting you from falling to your death.


Oh well, I put on a brave face and managed. I wasn't scared at all. I didn't even think of turning around and scooting down the stairs on my butt. I just kept going. 
And fun was had by us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment