Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Vegetarian What I Ate Wednesday

This week I've decided to link up with What I Ate Wednesday with Jen over at Peas and Crayons.




This summer I've decided to challenge myself by eating vegetarian. I'm 5 weeks in and going strong. I don't eat a lot of meat to begin with, so it's a pretty easy transition. I figured doing a weekly what I ate would be a fun way to document the new recipes I'm trying.

Breakfast: A variation of this recipe only mine doesn't have shallots, salt or olive oil, but it does have some feta cheese on top. On the side are giant strawberries, a mango and Naked Green Machine juice.

Lunch: A pretty low-key lunch of baby spinach, black beans, mushrooms, cherry tomaotes, onion, feta and avocado! Yum. Black beans on a salad is my new favorite thing.

Dinner: Ok, I've got to say dinner was pretty amazing even if it doesn't look it. I found the recipe here, don't walk, run to this recipe! It's a sweet potato burger with white beans. Yum. With a beet and its greens on the side. I put spinach, horseradish mustard and avocado on it. It was sooo good.

I have a whole bowl of sweet potato burger mix in the fridge, so I'll be eating those patties for a few days. I think I have one bun-less for lunch tomorrow.

Eating vegetarian is pretty easy, except for the summer part. On warm days I can smell the grills start up in the evening and it makes my mouth water for grilled chicken and I think about caving. It goes away pretty quickly when I think of all the yummy meals I've been making.

2 comments:

  1. The sweet potato burger sounds awesome...I would love to know how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica. I found the recipe here: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/02/easy-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with.html

    The only thing I didn't use was the tahini and they turned out fine. They're really easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete