Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas

Being a few hundred miles away from family for the first time this Christmas was weird, to say the least. It didn't feel like Christmas, and it still doesn't feel like Christmas is over. I attribute that to not only being away from family but sleeping in a hotel with no Christmas tree. My mom and Andrew's parents did send us some presents to help it feel more Christmas-y. And, while we both love presents it didn't really help with the whole being away from family while celebrating. Which does help one realize that Christmas isn't about presents.
But anyway, to the presents. : )

From my mom, I got a Hat, Scarf and Mitten set. It's more russet than reddish like the picture would like you to believe. And, mom has my Paula Deen Teapot waiting for me at her house.










From Andrew's parents we got an REI Half Dome 4 tent and Footprint, along with extra REI Giftcard. And they got me a Barnes & Noble giftcard, which makes me a very happy person. I wasted no time going out yesterday and buying books! Andrew's mom also made me a blanket which is gorgeous and might not ever get used since all our good blankets were taken over by our dog and cat. I don't want this one to meet that fate.







And after all of that, Christmas is already over, New Year's is a few days away. At least we're going home for New Year's. I can't believe it's going to be 2011 already. We have done so much this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment