Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Woodland Lights

Monday night Andrew and I decided to get our fill of Christmas lights. Just like we did last year at The Clifton Mill. This 1/2 mile lit trail is in Dayton, so it was a bit of a drive for us, but that's ok. We like living in the boonies. We orignially planned to go Saturday night, and it would have been $6 a piece. However, we saw their half-price Monday and Tuesday rates, and we just can't pass up a bargain. We started out the evening by watching the new Sherlock Holmes and heading over for a festive walk.
Instead of snow, it was actually drizzling. My hat is on to protect my hair : )






There was a room displaying the gingerbread house contest winners and honorable mentions. From those two, which should have one first place???? Andrew and I both think the cabin one should have snagged 1st, but it got second. We both think using graham crackers is kind of cheating. If you're going to use a non-gingery medium, pretzel sticks are far superior. What's your favorite?

It wasn't a bad loop, not quite as intense as Clifton, since it was spread over a 1/2 mile instead of on a few buildings, but it was fun. I'm glad we went Monday, it was nice and quiet.
It was a nice distraction for me, since on Tuesday I had all four of my wisdom teeth violently ripped from my mouth. Haha, maybe not so violent, I don't even remember falling asleep. Needless to say, I'm still in pain and I'm glad we got to see some Christmas lights before Christmas.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment