Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Finished Entry!

I am so glad to be done with this project and I am so happy with the results! Do you know when you get to the very end of a project and you're touching up paint, screwing on face plates and getting all the little things picked up? Well, that part sucks. I was so ready to be finished.

Remember the Before:
 and the During:

Now here is the After: pdpdppdpdpdpdpdpd. (that was a drum roll)

 Here's some details from the bookshelves.

The bookshelves were brought from IKEA, and Andrew added the trim to make it look more built in. He wanted me to emphasize he did it without crazy tools, just his bare hands. : )
There are a few more things from IKEA, like the white pitcher, curtains, butterfly print, and the red vase.
I'm so happy with our new entry room, it's so bright and warm at the same time. I can't wait to buy some reading chairs to make the room even more comfy. On the wall by the stairs I'm planning a gallery wall of sorts. However, none of the pictures or frames will be matchy-matchy. I'll be going for a more eclectic look, I just need more stuff before it's ready.

At night the room looks so nice with the bookshelf lights Andrew installed. There are only a few rooms left to paint in the house and we're done with cosmetic projects. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks so good!! I love the bookshelves too.. and IKEA is amazing haha.

    ReplyDelete