Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back to Texas: Japanese Tea Garden

More Texas!!! It already seems like it's been forever since I've seen Andrew in Texas, but it's just barely been a month. Only a few months left.
We managed to get a really good tour of San Antonio this time. Last time we were there together Andrew had just graduated BMT. Our exploring was limited by the heat and Andrew's requirement to wear dress blues everywhere. In the 100 degree heat, who wants to worry about walking around with blousings? So, we took it pretty easy.

This time, we saw all the things we didn't know about or have time for. Like the Japanese Tea Gardens at Brackenridge Park. This is a free attraction, and I like free.

I have no idea why the entrance sign says "Chinese Tea Gardens" there was a brown historical sign but I didn't read it. I blame the heat. It made me just want to walk around without reading signs. 

 The stonework was pretty cool, the park charges for professional photography sessions. And I can see why, it could make for some very dramatic portraits.

I was really there to take pictures of the coy...and the few random turtles.

Oh...and the ducks. So cute!
The flowers were great too, but I just wanted to walk around and enjoy them.

It was really hot at the bottom, and humid. So we only spent about 40 minutes here, but it was a lot of fun and I'm glad we saw it this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment