Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Book Survey

I found this survery over at Angie's Blog, where I think she found it from someone else. Such is the world of blogging. I like books and figured I'd give it a go.

1. Favorite Book - Hard, hard question. Tie between My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok, Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

2. Least Favorite Book - I don't think I have one, I always try and find one redeaming quality in a book I'm reading. Which, in turn, makes it hard to hate any books.

3. Book that makes you laugh out loud - A Walk in the Woods by Bills Bryson. I laughed, literally, out loud throughout most of this book.

4. Book that makes you cry - Harry Potter, this includes book 5, 6, and 7.

5. Book you wish you could live in - Tie between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I used to dream of living in the Shire.

6. Favorite young adult book - Only can think of books I loved when I was younger, Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell, The Red Pony by John Steinbeck, Princess Nevermore by Diane Curtis Regan. This is hard, I had a lot of favorites.

7. Book you can quote/recite - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. "A single man in possesion of large fortune must be in want of a wife." Ha!

8. Book that scares you - Can't think of one.

9. Book that makes you sick - Can't think of one of these either.

10. Book that changed your life - I'd have to refer to more childhood favorites, Rascall by Sterling North, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, The Hobbit by Tolkien and so many more.

11. Book from your favorite author - Same as favorite books.

12. Book that is most like your life - Please tell me my life can be more like Harry Potter. Sadly, the books I love are nothing like my life.

13. Books whose main character is most like you - This shouldn't be so hard, I find a lot of individual characteristics we share but not whole personalities. I'll go with Luna Lovegood. Andrew calls me Luna sometimes, I can be pretty spacey and quietly intelligent. I love being in my own little world.

14. Book whose main character you want to marry - Pride and Prejudice, come here Mr. Darcy! I mean, who can resist the eloquence of "In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

15. First "chapter book" you remember reading as a child - Hard one, I was reading chapter books like Little House in first grade.

16. Longest book you've read - No idea.

17. Shortest book you've read - No idea, I don't pay attention

18. Book you're most embarrassed to say you like - Twilight, it's a total love/hate relationship. I hate that Bella is such a spineless twit and rely souly on the guy to survive! However, the romance sucks me in.

19. Book that turned you on - Uh...

20. Book you've read the most number of times - Any Harry Potter book, I used to read in order 1, 2, 3, 4, and repeat adding the new ones as they came out. Book 3 and 4 are in the worse shape.

21. Favorite picture book from childhood - Tie between Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey and Make Way for Ducklings also by McCloskey

22. Book you plan to read next - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I didn't finish before the movie and just reread Half Blood Prince

23. Book you tell people you've read, but haven't (or haven't actually finished) - None, that I recall.

24. Book that contains you favorite scene - LOTR: Return of the King when Frodo is getting ready to sale to the Undying Lands. OMgoodness, cry fest.

25. Favorite book you read in school - Ishmael by Daniel Quinn and The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff.

26. Favorite nonfiction book - Unbowed by Wangari Maathai

27. Favorite fiction book - Same as favorite books

28. Last book you read - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

29. Book you're currently reading - HP and Dealthy Hallows

30. Favorite coffee table book - Our America's National Parks book, absolutely beautiful

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love reading this!!! :D I have never read Pride and Prejudice because it's not my type of book and I don't really go for that sorta romance, but with how many people answer that it's one of their favorites, I should give it a try. :D

    I also have read all the HP books and love, love, love them all!!!

    I didn't think of living in the Shire, but I would too. How lovely would that be? Jen and I often talk of how nice living in a Hobbit home would be. ^_^

    I want your coffee table book!!! I love national parks, LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete