Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Tomatoes and a Hydrangea

This morning, while Dakota frolicked in the back yard. Yes, my dog frequently frolics. Anyway, while he was doing whatever hyper-active dogs do, I was taking some pictures of my growing tomatoes. They are looking amazing! I'm figuring another 3-4 weeks and I'll be eating tomatoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus, making homemade spaghetti sauce.

First up, the pretty funny looking Romas. I've never grown Romas and the funny shape makes me giggle. Round is so boring.

Although, round isn't so boring in the form of teeny tiny cherry tomatoes. They are so cute! They are so delicious!

A lone hydrangea blossom is blooming on this bush by the garden shed. The previous owners planted it, and I'm thinking they didn't put any pennies in the soil because it's not very prolific. On the other hand, the lady's hydrangea across the street has to be close to 50 blossoms. Oh well, I'm more of a coneflower, daisy and dandelion type of gardener.

1 comment:

  1. Home-grown tomatoes, yummy!!! This year, Jen and I only planted a small Autumn garden of various sized pumpkins, corn on the cob and sunflowers! ♥

    That hydrangea blossom is gorgeous!!! We have a bush here that is a snow ball bush, with blossoms just like that!!!

    ReplyDelete