Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

BMT Graduation in Pictures

It's been a while. Sorry I haven't keep up on the blogging, especially since so much has happened.
Going to Texas for BMT Graduation was pretty sweet. Of course, the sweetest thing was seeing Andrew for the first time in 8 1/2 weeks. This was our longest stretch apart, and it did seem to take forever.
I sent a letter everyday for 8 1/2 weeks, sometimes 2 or 3. I met my mailman outside everyday at lunch hoping for a few from him too. And I got way more than I ever expected. He also was able to call 4 times while he was there.

On to the weekend. The Airman's Run took place on day 1 of the weekend events, Thursday at 0800.



This was my first sight of Andrew (he looked so tired).


Two hours after the run at 1100, they marched into the pad for the Coin Ceremony
Andrew's Flight saluting the flag for national anthem.

Shortly after this, I was able to rush down to the drill pad and "tap" my Airman and finally see him smile, and (briefly) hug him : ) It really was bliss.

Day 2 Graduation




Flight 323 Mustangs marching by.
(Andrew is the 2-striper in the middle)

That concluded the actual weekends ceremonies, my next post will involve what we saw and did for the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment