Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

I had to share this delicious food right away. I've been lusting after baked oatmeal recipes for a while now, but only this morning did I actually fullfil my craving. I found an easy recipe on Annie's Eats and I had every ingredient but the berries.
I couldn't justify the price of blueberries or raspberries right now and just went with strawberries. Delicious.
I also added about half the maple syrup and twice as much cinnamon. I don't care for chokingly sweet oatmeal. The fruit makes it sweet enough.
As you can see, this will give me several days breakfast and I like that.

It turned out perfect. It's a great recipe, and it looks like any fruit can be subbed to your preference. I think next time I'll omit the syrup and use greek yogurt rather than butter to make the recipe a little healthier.

I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment