Sometimes, I hate this time of year. Conversations revolving around, "What's your New Year's resolution?" And people answering while considering last years regrets.
Well, guess what? I have no regrets, no forgotten resolutions and I've haven't wondered why I didn't do something or why I did.
Of course, this next year I'll work out more, eat healthier and get straight A's in my courses but I think more importantly we should look back at my blessings and adventure's I'm lucky to have and to recognize that just because I didn't lose 15 pounds doesn't mean my year was a waste.
- Wrote more than 100 letters to Andrew while he was away
- I felt the connection and love of being his rock
- I felt the love and power of him being my rock
- I married my best friend
- I took a road-trip, by myself, for a grand total of 3,572 miles
- Took a vacation with my husband and appreciated every minute together
- Embraced moving to Ohio, a state I'd never even seen
- I never let an adventure pass us up
So try this year to remember your goals or resolutions but don't forget that you can't plan life. Have fun, stress a little less, enjoy your best friend.